After-sales and service
Service that’s bound to impress
As further proof of FUNKE’s commitment to the customer, we have an experienced customer service team who offer comprehensive services relating to heat exchanger repair and maintenance.
For plate heat exchangers, we offer services ranging from general inspections and thorough cleaning to regasketing of plate packs. It is essential to clean plate heat exchangers regularly, to ensure that heat exchange remains as energy efficient as possible, and to minimize the risk of malfunction. Proper cleaning entails removing all organic and inorganic contamination, and checking for leakages.
FUNKE experts can clean smaller exchangers on-site. With its many years of experience, our service team can properly clean plate heat exchangers in short order, for safe, energy-efficient operation.
Larger exchangers and plate packs are dismantled, taken to FUNKE for cleaning, then reinstalled. Regasketing of bolted plate heat exchangers is another service on offer, to ensure that the related production processes continue to run smoothly, and includes replacing worn gasket elements.
Customers can request general inspections of both plate and shell-and-tube heat exchangers, in which case the FUNKE team will arrive promptly in its modern, well-equipped vehicle, and will attend to the maintenance and repair of the equipment in expert fashion.
To minimize the risk of heat exchangers malfunctioning, FUNKE also offers its customers longer service contracts mandating regular inspections. Specific checks and regular cleaning can significantly extend the service life of heat exchangers, helping to avoid production downtime.
- General inspections and maintenance work
- Heat exchanger repair and corrective maintenance
- Thorough, effective cleaning
(increases efficiency / minimizes risk of malfunction)
- Damage analysis (troubleshooting)
- Assistance in commissioning heat exchangers (site supervision)
- User and maintenance training on customer premises
- Provision of replacement parts
- Inspection of plate packs or tubes to identify any fissures, cracks or significant corrosion
Plate heat exchangers
- Regasketing the plate packs
- Delivery and installation of replacement or additional plate packs
- Technical assistance for upgrade/downgrade work
Shell-and-tube heat exchangers
- Retubing tube bundles
- Delivery of replacement tube bundles
Safety shell-and-tube heat exchangers
- On-site inspections of safety pressure switches
- Topping up sealing liquid